Learn the TouchPro professional chair massage training technique and earn CEU hours for massage licensing credentials.
More people are giving and receiving the TouchPro Approach to chair massage than any other kind of seated massage in the world. Learning our TouchPro system saves you from reinventing the wheel by providing you with a massage that is safe, efficient, and effective.
TouchPro is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
NCBTMB Approved Provider: #148623-00. The completion of the TouchPro Technique seminar provides for 17 CE hours.
What you will learn at the Technique Seminar
- A 15-minute core TouchPro acupressure sequence for the neck, shoulders, back, arms, hands, and scalp.
- Variations of the sequence for 5-,10-, and 20-minute formats.
- How to perform the sequence on standard chairs as well as on special massage chairs.
- 60 acupressure points and 23 Japanese massage techniques specially designed to leave your clients feeling relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
- How to screen clients to quickly determine whether they can appropriately receive chair massage.
- Refined body mechanics that allow you to perform up to six hours of chair massage a day without strain.
What you will take home from the Technique Seminar
Included in the price of the Technique Seminar are the following support materials:
- a teaching and review DVD detailing the acupressure points, massage techniques and massage sequence.
- a DVD for practicing the complete chair massage sequence and the Kenko Taiso self-care exercises.
- an audio-CD to talk you through the chair massage sequence with three different lengths for practice.
- a 75-page written manual describing each technique, acupressure point location, and sequence.
Whether you learn by listening, observing, or reading, these handouts will help ensure that you will be able to recall and fine-tune the extensive material from the seminar.
Who can attend a TouchPro Technique Seminar?
The TouchPro Seminars are continuing education seminars. That means that only professional bodyworkers or students may attend.
Here are some examples of people who qualify as a bodywork professional:
- If you are in a state or province that regulates the massage profession, and you meet those regulations, you would qualify for the seminar.
- If you are in a state or province that does not regulate the massage profession, but you have have completed a professional table massage training program and are working legally in their county of municipality, you would also qualify for the seminar.
- We also recognize formal table massage apprenticeship programs as legitimate training, if their graduates can practice professional massage legally.
Students currently enrolled in a recognized professional massage curriculum may enroll, if they are far enough along in their training to benefit from our program (generally 150 hours or more of training).
Some of the acupressure points that we work on can produce uterine contractions. Thus, we must exclude bodyworkers who are pregnant or might be pregnant.
We also ask if applicants have any physical, emotional, or learning disabilities so that we can pre-arrange appropriate accommodations, if necessary.
- The following medical conditions need to be under control before taking this class: high or low blood pressure, diabetes, or seizure disorders.
- Problems with thumbs, knees, wrists, or repetitive strain injuries can be exacerbated doing the TouchPro work. These conditions need to be pre-screened.
- Visually impaired practitioners will need a special assistant during the Technique Seminar. Contact us to make arrangements.
- Because the pace of the Seminar is quite intense, slow learners, dyslexic learners, or emotionally anxious students may have difficulty in keeping up with the Technique class. We recommend that students with learning disabilities contact us for the class handouts so that they can preview the class material for at least two weeks prior to the start of the class.
If you are not sure about whether you qualify, contact us directly and we will be happy to help assess your readiness for this program. In all cases regarding screening, we reserve the right to make the final decision as to whether an applicant meets our minimum standards.